Effective Date: December 20, 2019
- “App” means any and all downloadable applications (including, any mobile or tablet applications) owned or operated by ZorroSign through which access to ZorroSign’s Services are available. References to the “App” include any and all related features, functionality, tools, and content.
- “Platform” refers, collectively, to any and all Websites, Apps and other technology through which ZorroSign provides the Services.
- “Services” means any and all digital transaction management and digital signature services, and related services and promotions, provided by ZorroSign, including support services.
- “User” means any person or entity who accesses or uses the Platform in any manner. References to “access” and/or “use” of the Platform (and any variations thereof) include the acts of accessing or browsing the Platform, and accessing or using the Services.
- “User Content” refers to text, information and other content uploaded, stored, shared or otherwise made available or caused to be made available by Users on or through the Platform.
- “Your Content” refers to User Content that is provided or made available or caused to be made available by you.
- “Website” means any and all websites owned or operated by ZorroSign (including the website currently located at www.zorrosign.com), through which access to ZorroSign’s Services are available. References to the “Website” include any and all related features, functionality, tools, and content.
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us, including when you register for an account, download the App, use the Services, start, sign or review an electronic document, respond to a survey or provide other feedback about the Platform, send us your resume or CV, or contact us with questions or comments about the Platform.
We may also collect information about you if a company or organization authorizes you to manage its account or use our Platform on its behalf.
We will not ask for or request sensitive information such as medical information or financial information (except in connection to payments). Please do not provide this information to us through e-mails, feedback forms or in any other way unless specifically requested.
Information Generated from Use of the Platform
We also collect certain technical information when you access, browse and use our Platform, including information that we automatically receive and record from your browser or mobile platform on our server logs. This technical information helps us operate and provide our Platform to you, and includes standard information about visits and system capabilities, such as:
- information about the device(s) you use to access our Platform, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, your location, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, device and application identifiers, operating information, mobile carrier, and cookies;
- information about your visits to the Platform, including the full URL click stream to, through, and from the Platform, including dates and times;
- information we need and use to facilitate your use of our Platform (including to provide access to third party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details;
- pages you view, searches you run, length of time browsing search results, specific search results you select to view, length of visits to other pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page; and
- page response times and download errors.
Some of the information we collect is generated using cookies and beacons. For more details about cookies, beacons, and your choices, see Cookies and Beacons below.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive certain information about you from the organizations or entities on behalf of which we provide the Services to you and/or on behalf of which you access or use the Platform. We may also supplement the technical information we collect from your use of the Platform with information collected by third parties. Such third parties may include service providers, such as Google Inc., that help us understand our Users and provide better service to our Users.
On occasion, we may compare or combine Personally Identifiable Information (defined below) from third party sources to/with other information we have collected. For example, we may obtain contact information from other sources in order to contact you if we think you or the company you represent would be interested in our Platform.
- HOW INFORMATION MAY BE USED
Personally Identifiable Information
Some of the information we collect through your use of our Platform or communications with us may personally identify you (“Personally Identifiable Information”). The types of Personally Identifiable Information you may submit in connection with use of the Service include:
- contact information (such as name, address, email address and telephone number);
- account password for the Platform;
- payment card information and other billing information (such as card image, card number, cardholder name, expiration date and card verification code) associated with your account;
- social security number; and
- geographic location.
Other data derived from your use of the Platform is treated as “Non-Personally Identifiable Information,” unless it is combined with Personally Identifiable Information, or unless otherwise required by applicable law.
We may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect, to:
- user authentication purposes;
- create and manage your account;
- provide the Platform to you;
- process and confirm the execution of documents;
- operate our Platform, including access management, Platform administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- send you information that enables you to use our Platform;
- contact you about activity on your account;
- generate reporting regarding the use of our Platform by Users;
- respond to your requests, feedback or inquiries;
- notify you about updates, information, or alerts regarding our Platform;
- process payments;
- comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements;
- comply with relevant industry standards and our policies;
- protect and enforce our rights and the rights of other Users against unlawful activity, including identify theft and fraud, and other violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use;
- protect and enforce our rights arising under any agreements entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- protect the integrity and maintain the security of our Platform, including secured areas of the Platform;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, including conducting surveys and market research, developing new products, services, and promotions (such as, for example, special events, programs, offers, contests), analyzing and enhancing existing products, services, and promotions, managing our communications; performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions; and
- administer your participation in such products, services, and promotions.
For the avoidance of doubt, your social security number will be collected, used and disclosed solely in connection with premium user authentication features.
In addition, we may use your information as described in any notice provided at the time you provide the information; and for any other purpose for which you may provide consent.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may also use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to (i) deliver content tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use our Website; and (ii) present content in a manner that is optimized for your device.
We may also combine technical information, or Non-Personally Identifiable Information, about your use of our Platform with information that we obtain from other Users to use in an aggregate or anonymous manner for similar purposes.
We will retain your Personally Identifiable Information on our systems only for as long as we need it, given the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. Where there are technical limitations that prevent deletion or anonymization, we safeguard personal data and limit active use of it. Your account data will be deleted 30 days after your license expires.
We keep contact information (such as mailing list information) until a User unsubscribes or requests that we delete that information. If you choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list, we may keep certain limited information about you so that we may honor your request. We dispose of resumes when they are no longer under consideration.
- HOW INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
Personally Identifiable Information
We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes without your express consent.
We may share Personally Identifiable Information with:
- the organizations or entities on behalf of which we are providing the Platform to you and/or on behalf of which you access or use the Platform (including, without limitation, your employer);
- counter-parties to the documents that you have uploaded to the Platform or executed through the Platform;
- Users or other third parties that you designate to view or receive Your Content, to the extent Your Content contains Personally Identifiable Information;
- other companies associated with those organizations or entities in order to enable their systems to operate with the Platform;
- our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- the designated administrator of your account, if you have an individual corporate sub-account, regarding use of the Services by individual sub-accounts;
- a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personally Identifiable Information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred;
- other third parties with your express consent for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- you, upon your written request.
However, we have no control over the data collection, storage, or transmission practices of the counter-parties (including Users or other third parties) with whom you share Your Content on or through the Platform.
We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information with law enforcement agencies, government officials, or other third parties as necessary for the purpose of:
- complying with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- preventing fraud and providing credit risk reduction;
- investigating potential unauthorized access or misuse of our Platform or other breach of our Terms and Conditions of Use, Supplemental Terms (as defined below), Platform Rules (as defined below) other agreements;
- protecting the assets or property, and enforcing the rights of ZorroSign, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- protecting the rights, property, or safety of our Users or others.
In the event that we receive a request from a governmental entity to provide it with your Personally Identifiable Information, we will make reasonable attempts to notify you of such request, to the extent reasonably possible and legally permissible.
Notice to California Residents / Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code permits California residents to request that we not share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may contact email@example.com to request information regarding how we share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and/or to request that such information not be shared with third parties for such purposes.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition, we may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregated or anonymized data:
- with analytics, search engine, or other service providers that help us improve our Platform;
- to report to our affiliates, licensors and service providers about the use of various aspects of the Platform; and
- with other Users or prospective Users of the Platform.
- COOKIES AND BEACONS
Browser Cookies. A browser cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. That cookie then communicates with servers, ours or those of other companies that we authorize to collect data for us and allows recognition of your personal computer. We associate cookies with Personally Identifiable Information only if you use the automatic recognition capabilities on restricted areas of the Platform, order a Service, use the personalization services available as part of the Platform, or ask us to contact you with additional marketing information. We do not otherwise collect Personally Identifiable Information from browser cookies and we do not associate browser cookies with your Personally Identifiable Information.
You may use the tools available on your computer or other device to set your browser to refuse or disable all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being set. However, if you refuse or disable all browser cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts or use certain features or functionality of our Platform.
You may choose whether to activate automatic recognition when you register for an account. After registration, you may disable the persistent cookie that supports recognition using the tools in your browser. If you choose to disable the cookies that support automatic recognition, you will need to re-enter your email and password each time you access a gated portion of the Platform.
To learn more about cookies, you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Beacons. Our Platform and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
- YOUR CHOICES
We offer you certain choices in connection with the information we collect from you.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Platform. If you provide us with your e-mail address in order to receive communications, you can opt out of marketing e-mails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our e-mails and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that certain e-mails may be necessary for the operation of our Platform. You will continue to receive these e-mails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications. If you become a User, we may also contact you with email and marketing communications about subjects that we believe may be of interest to you. We may send emails and marketing communications on our own or in conjunction with another organization with which we have entered into a collaboration arrangement.
If you wish to minimize information collected by cookie or beacon, you can adjust the settings of your browsers to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it. You can also set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. You may also be able to install plug-ins and add-ins that serve similar functions. However, please be aware that some features and services on our Platform may not work properly if we are not able to recognize and associate you with your account. In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
Network Advertising Initiative
Certain websites you visit may provide options regarding advertisements you receive. If you wish to minimize the amount of targeted advertising you receive, you can opt out of certain network advertising programs through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt–Out Page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt out) you will still see advertisements while you’re browsing online. However the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you. For more information or to opt out of certain online behavioral advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info.
Additionally, many advertising network programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories that they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt–Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
Do Not Track
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” (or, DNT) feature, a privacy preference that Users can set in certain web browsers, which is intended to be a signal to websites and services that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites or online services you visit. Our Platform does not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals, so DNT settings do not change the way the Platform operates.
Please note that we cannot control how third party websites or online services you visit through our Platform respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices.
Updating or Deleting Information
You have the right to request details (and a copy of) the Personally Identifiable Information we hold about you and to ask us to delete, restrict (stop using), correct (rectify) or transfer (port) your Personal Information. Our response to your requests may depend on which legal grounds we are using to process the data in question. For more information about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation please see the UK Information Commissioner’s Office guidance here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights.
The right to erasure is not an absolute right and can only be exercised when an individual’s data is no longer needed for the intended purpose it was originally serving. If an organization no longer has a legitimate purpose for holding Personally Identifiable Information on an individual it must delete all their data appropriately.
You can exercise your rights by sending us a written request using our contact form, or by contacting us by email. With each request please include identification information. Please be as specific as possible in your request about your requirements, so that we can respond to you as quickly as possible. When requested and there is no legal or regulatory need for us to keep the information, we will delete identifying information from current operational systems.
- SECURING YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your information is important to ZorroSign, and we have established administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personally Identifiable Information against unauthorized alteration, access, loss, theft, use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no system can guarantee complete security of your information. As a result, ZorroSign cannot ensure or warrant that your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, is secure from unauthorized third parties. Thus, your use of the Platform and communication with us about them is at your own risk.
You are responsible for protecting your password(s) and for the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with the Platform is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your password has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
Corporate clients are responsible for maintaining the security and integrity of both administrator account and individual sub-account login information.
Our Platform is directed to and is intended to be used only by persons who are the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction. We do not knowingly collect information from minors. If you are below the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you are not permitted to register for an account or otherwise submit any personally identifiable information to us, including your name, address or e-mail address. If we discover that we have collected any personally identifiable information from a minor, we will suspend the associated account and remove that information from our database as soon as possible. By registering for an account or submitting any personally identifiable information to us, you represent and warrant that you are of the age of majority in your jurisdiction.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- INTERNATIONAL JURISDICTIONS
The Personally Identifiable Information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination in the world as it may be processed by staff or service providers who work for us globally. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy, and that adequate measures are in place if the country in question is not deemed to provide the same level of protection for your data and rights as you would enjoy in your local country.
As ZorroSign is a global network with three subsidiaries around the world, we may transfer or disclose the personal data we collect to the other subsidiaries. Your Personally Identifiable Information may be transferred to and stored outside the country where you are located. This includes countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal information. We also may transfer personal data to third party service providers of identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and storage services. The third-party providers may use their own third-party subcontractors that have access to personal data (sub-processors). It is our policy to use only third-party providers that are bound to maintain appropriate levels of security and confidentiality, to process Personally Identifiable Information only as instructed by us, and to flow those same obligations down to their sub-processors. We may also disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to law enforcement, regulatory and other government agencies and to professional bodies and other third parties, as required by and/or in accordance with applicable law or regulation. This includes disclosures outside the country where you are located. ZorroSign may also review and use your Personally Identifiable Information to determine whether disclosure is required or permitted.
- CONTACT US
Canyon Ventures Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
5115 North 27th Avenue, Building 66, Phoenix, AZ 85017